Senior Account Manager/ Design Consultant
Amanda L. Benjamin
3059 Portarlington Ln.
Fitchburg, Wi. 53711
(608) 274-1603 (H)
(815) 218-6399 (C)
I seek a position in the architectural, interior design, or related fields offering me the opportunity to leverage my considerable skill set and proven sales ability in a challenging and dynamic environment.
The Illinois Institute of Art – Schaumburg
Bachelor of Fine Arts Interior Design
Council for Interior Design Accreditation (Formerly FIDER)
Coursework in Fine Arts
August, 1982 – May, 1986
Senior Account Manager/Design Consultant January, 2008 – August, 2011
Affordable Office Interiors, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin
- Sales and Client Marketing:
- 1st Year Sales: $500,000
- 2nd Year Sales: $700,000
- 3rd Year Sales: $1,079,000
- Top Revenue Producer, 2010
- 1st Place, 1st Quarter, 2010 Sales Contest.
- Developed and closed used furniture contract with University of Wisconsin system.
- Served as showroom manager.
- Trained several members of sales staff.
- Sourced, developed and closed projects as large as 150 employees, including:
- Programming, design, contract/proposal writing, order entry, deal closure, management of installation.
- Space planning.
- Responsible for marketing presentations to prospects including:
- Architectural and design firms, state agencies, private companies, educational institutions.
Professional Internship May, 2006 – September, 2006
Laura Gwyn Interiors, Inc. Geneva, Illinois
- Chose and pulled fabric & color selections for client projects.
- Assisted Lead Designer in entire interior design of a luxury home.
- Audited various client meetings.
Youth Service Bureau Program Director April, 1996 – December, 1998
AmeriCorps South Bend, Indiana
- Program development, direction and support.
- Managed board meetings.
- Created and reviewed grants.
Block Captain – Highlands of Seminole Neighborhood Association, Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Board Member – Northwest Neighborhood Association, South Bend, Indiana
Board Member – United Methodist Church, Lydick, Indiana
References: Available upon request.