*1630 Bultman Rd, Madison, Wisconsin 53704 *(920)615-4916 *firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a certified surgical technologist with 3.5 years of healthcare experience in a hospital and perioperative setting. I strive to provide personalized, high quality care to surgical patients. I have experience and knowledge understanding development factors specific to pediatric and adult care. I continually strive to ensure a high standard of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs.
- Trained in Mako robotic total hip replacements
- Trained in pre-op and post-op surgical care
- Set-up for surgical procedures in a timely manner
- CPR certification
- Professional bedside manner
Certified Surgical Technologist
UW Health The American Center-4602 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, WI 53718 06/2016-Current
- Trained in general, endocrine, urology, sports medicine, spine/neuro, total joint replacements, hip scopes and hand/foot surgery.
- Specialty surgeries that I have been trained in include: gastric bypass, laparoscopic fundoplication, ACL reconstruction, open thyroidectomy’s, endoscopic carpal tunnels, large fractures (including femur), minimally invasive/microscopic spine procedures, and total joint replacements with or without being robotic.
- Under the supervision of a registered nurse I prepare and mix drugs on the sterile field to hand to the surgeon.
- Code experience while patient was under anesthesia.
- Pick specialty items before the surgery begins constantly referring to the surgeon’s preference card.
- During surgery I pass instruments to the doctor while being their assistant.
- With larger cases I retract the incision site so the surgeon will have good visualization.
- Check pans before placing them on the sterile field to make sure the instruments have been sterilized properly (indicator has changed to the proper color).
- Experience in converting a laparoscopic surgery to an open procedure in a short amount of time.
Certified Nurse’s Aide – Periop
Bellin Hospital – 744 South Webster Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54305 07/2014 – 05/2016
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information as it relates to weight and height measurements, and vital signs.
- Experience assisting patients with various medical conditions including Parkinson’s, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer’s and Paget’s disease.
- Performed glucose testing and assisted in administering injections and urinalysis
- Under the supervision of a registered nurse I helped manage the care for post-operative patients through discharge, while ensuring the safety and well-being of patients.
- Transported patients to and from different departments, after administration of anesthesia.
Medication Technician – Caregiver
Renaissance Assisted Living – 250 S 9th St, De Pere, WI, 54115 01/2014 - 06/2014
- Passed medications, set up nebulizer treatments, monitored the resident’s use of insulin and inhalers.
- Assisted residents with daily functions such as bathing, dressing, feeding, lifting and transferring.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with dementia and Alzheimer’s, as well as those going through a time of grieving.
- Completed clinical rotations in Geriatrics.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College – 2740 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54307
- Certified Surgical Technologist – May 2016
- Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) - Summer 2013
- Bay Area Humane Society