Amy L Sherman
Aerotec Staffing, Temporary Staffing, March 2016 to present
- Temporary staffing in call center for physician referral line. Directing callers to physicians within their medical plans.
- Daily spreadsheet updates, email and database updates as discovered.
Emergency Fire and Water Restoration, Emergency Response Coordinator, March 2015 to March 2016
- On call for fire emergencies, monitor local Fire/EMS radio for fire response. Response
- Work with local insurance agents and property owners for restoration projects.
- Weekly staff meetings in Milwaukee.
- Update database with agent information, visits and projects.
- Monthly expense reports, company owned vehicles, company sponsored credit cards and cell phones.
Walgreens Distribution Center, Windsor, WI (Temporary Order Picker) March- April 2014
- Scan bar coded stickers into system for appropriate orders, product picking from line of items on stock line; fill totes for specific orders with products on line for shipping to stores around the country. Lift totes for shipping and align onto conveyor for transport to shipping department.
William S Middleton Veteran‘s Hospital, Madison, WI November 2004 – April 2012
Program Support Assistant, Primary Care (2009 - 2012)
- Document patient data in computer systems.
- Increased productivity through superior patient interaction and prior department experience, allowing staff to evaluate more patients.
- Operated high volume phone system, and maintained daily direct and indirect patient relation operations, first point of contact for patients, scheduling patient with appropriate clinician.
- Maintained patient record requests for outside records, file logs for incoming and outgoing record requests, incoming fax’s for all personnel. Maintenance of office equipment, order supplies.
- Maintained new patient tracking system that improved patient care; identified and resolved problem of delays in patient treatment.
- Timekeeping and payroll for staff of 95+.
- Train new staff, resource person for all staff for procedural issues and concerns.
Medical Support Assistant, Health Benefits, Admissions Department (2008-2009)
- Provided administrative support to the Emergency Room for patient admissions to facility for inpatient treatment.
- Disperse travel reimbursement, make travel arrangements for veteran’s from one VA to another, arrange flights for transplant candidates.
- Facilitated communication between clerical and medical staff.
- Review applicants for eligibility as veteran, status of eligibility for programs such as paid travel expenses, enter consults to appropriate medical teams for treatment.
- Participated in-service sessions and quality improvement programs. Train new staff.
- Promotion to Program Support Assistant.
Health Unit Coordinator, Nursing Service, Inpatient (2004-2008)
- Provided administrative support to inpatient nursing and medical staff for numerous medical services.
- Communicate with physicians and physician’s staff, patients and patients families to effectively meet patient needs.
- Admit/Discharge patients, computer transfer of patients for inter-unit transfer.
- Float to all inpatient units, including ICU as needed for required unit coverage, training new staff,
- Promotion to Medical Support Assistant.
Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin, Eye Bank Technician April 2001- May 2004
- Perform surgical procedure for removal of human corneal tissue for transplant and research.
- Coordinate placement of approved tissues with surgeons and other eye banks throughout country and international.
- Evaluate processed corneal tissues to determine suitability of tissue for human transplant.
- Determine donor suitability for transplantation by investigation donor’s medical and social background utilizing all available resources.
- Approach families of donors regarding the option of donating tissues for transplantation and research or educational purposes.
- Perform blood draws on donors for serology testing. Spin and pipette serum into shipping containers for outside lab analysis to maintain suitability.
- Pack and ship specimens and tissues to outside facilities for transplant or research.
- Conduct quality control.
- Manage and maintain laboratory supplies and reagents.
Dickinson County Schools Iron Mountain, MI 1991
Emergency Medical Technician Certification
Madison Area Technical College, Madison, WI 1992
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification