Java Architect

Company Name:
Information Resource Group Inc

ROLE: Java Technical Architect
Location: Madison, WI
Duration: 6+ Months

Role Description:

The technical architect is responsible for providing input to and developing the technical architecture for the Project. This includes implementing the architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models and component and interface specification documents, and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions.

The technical architect is expected to have good communication skills and be able to clearly articulate the trade-offs for different approaches using in-depth analysis. This analysis is an analytical comparison of the operational effectiveness, suitability, and risk of alternatives that satisfy established capability needs. Using sound, seasoned judgment, the architect will not only assess the different options but provide well-thought-out recommendations.

This is a hands-on role. The technical architect will be expected to know how to develop custom JEE applications and many times will be required to build prototypes to validate the solution. The technical architect has some responsibility for junior developers and architects on the project and will be required to have in-depth discussions on technology - e.g. design transitions, UML modeling, and code reviews. Also, the project has significant operational work and will require the technical architect to identify production issues, propose solutions and work with the team to resolve the problem quickly.

The technical architect will spend 25% of his/her time between managing other resources' tasks and reporting status. The remaining 75% of the time will be spent performing hands-on tasks, including analysis and design. This role reports directly to the Application Architecture
manager
on the project and spends significant time coordinating activities with an architecture lead.

Required / Desired Skills

o Hands on technical experience with Java and JEE application design and development
o Understanding of design patterns (OO, JEE, Enterprise Integration)
o Functional and technical design writing abilities
o Troubleshooting and problem resolution
o Experience/understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
o Working knowledge of infrastructure - networks and hardware
o Good spoken/written communication skills
o Some experience managing tasks of others and reporting status
o Team player, collaborative and supportive of a cooperative work environment

Preferred Skills
o Public Sector, State government industry background


Don't Be Fooled

The fraudster will send a check to the victim who has accepted a job. The check can be for multiple reasons such as signing bonus, supplies, etc. The victim will be instructed to deposit the check and use the money for any of these reasons and then instructed to send the remaining funds to the fraudster. The check will bounce and the victim is left responsible.